Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Weekly Training Recap 4/27-5/3

Monday: I'm sure I did something amazing this day, but I honestly can't remember. Sure sign I'm losing it.
Actual: Rest

Tuesday: For today's run I decide on a progressive 5k workout (increasing speed with each kilometer). I did this one on the treadmill starting at 6.6 and upped the pace at each k. When I got home, I got in some cross training with both foam rolling and vacuuming (not at the same time). I even got in a second round of vacuuming when I accidentally dumped the dust trap thing on the floor.
Actual: 3.1 miles (8:52/mile); foam rolling; vacuuming repeats

Wednesday: If you saw my Wednesday post, you know that training is about to ramp back up in a big way. I finally took the plunge and signed up to run the Snakebite 50k again this year. After hearing it was the last year of the race, there was no way I was missing it. I'm really excited about it with a healthy dose of respect for the work ahead.
Actual: 3.1 miles (9:11/mile)

Thursday: Drove to South Carolina after work, so I didn't get in a run but I did see a stunning sunset.
Actual: Rest
I feel relaxed just looking at the photo.
Friday: In South Carolina for the weekend to visit some family vacationing from New England. I always love getting in some miles on the coast not only because it's a nice break from the hills, but it's so beautiful. We had a pretty active weekend with lots of bike riding and beach walking. I even got in some squats while strawberry picking (totally counts).
Actual: 4.25 miles (8:44/mile pace); 30 minute bike ride
Getting in my squats while getting a healthy snack. Win-win.

Saturday: I joined the Jayhawk on his long run on bike. It was like a scene out of Rocky (kidding, I yell more than his trainer). It was fun to chat with him and make sure he kept the pace light. He finished up with the last half a mile or so on the beach. We also went for two more bike rides that day.
Actual: 2.5 hours of biking

Sunday: One last bike ride before heading back to the city.
Actual: 1 hour biking
What do you do to stay active when on vacation? Where is your favorite place to vacation?

12 comments:

  1. What great views! You are right, I feel calmer after looking at your pictures :)
    It's always nice to have company on a long run,and being able to run then stick your feet in the water is especially nice.
    I have been thinking about doing the Charleston marathon in Jan. since last week, and then you posted about SC, maybe that's a sign ")
    I usually run when I go to visit my mom, Montana is heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the Kiwah Marathon is a lot better than the Charleston Marathon if you are thinking about coming to SC.

      I would love to run in Montana. So jealous!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! What kind of training schedule do you use for a 30K? I'm also glad I read this post, since we are headed for the coast and it hadn't occurred to me to look for U-pick farms! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My training plan is coming up in my next post. It's very similar to the plan I used last year. Have fun at the coast!

      Delete
  3. Where were you in SC? I am a Charleston girl so if you ever end up near here I can give you tons of running routes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down near Hunting Island. I will definitely let you know if/when I make it up to Charleston.

      Delete
  4. That looks super pretty! Usually when we travel, it's for a race, so it's pretty easy to stay active. But if we're not running, I try to plan at least one hike, which is one my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Race travel always makes it easy! Hiking is a favorite activity of mine as well. Investigation new places on foot is always the best.

      Delete
  5. gorgeous pics! I would love to pick strawberries- sounds fun. and, I think rich actually likes biking along, too. sounds like a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a nice break from the city! It had been far too long.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...