Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May Recap

Miles: 115.15, back in the triple digits!
Races: None

Highpoint of the Month: Lots of good things happened this month including a successful increase in mileage/start of 50k training, a long weekend or two of vacation, and finding a new place to live.
Not so highpoint of the month: Life got a little busy at the end of the month and I didn't get in all of my miles. I didn't miss so many that I am worried, but I need to work a little harder to fit everything in. Oh, and packing. Packing is never a highlight.

New item: Yoga challenge! I got involved in my first yoga challenge on instagram this month. I've been working on adding in more yoga to my routine but have been too nervous to go to a class, so this was my first public display of yoga. I had a lot of fun with it and can't wait to do another one.
Follow up: A follow up to my post from earlier this month about running blogs to read. Trail Runner Magazine recently posted their "10 Hilarious Trail-Running Bloggers You should be Following" and they are worth checking out.

If you need a good laugh: So this is completely not running related, but I came across this instagram account this week that I find hilarious. It sounds bizarre (ok, it is bizarre), but I can't help but laugh.
This guy, ChiliPhilly, takes the time to crochet hats in the shape of real life items, mostly food, and then photographs himself wearing them. I admire his commitment to the niche craft of foodie hat crocheting.
This might be one of my favorites. Source: Chiliphilly 
What I am looking forward to in June: No official races on the calendar but I was lucky enough to win a virtual entry into the Skirt Sports 13er from my DONNA co-ambassador Shannon over at The Girl's Got Sole. I am excited to pin on a bib and plan out a 13 mile route for the race.  We are also moving here in Atlanta and that is both exciting and exhausting all at once. Should be a great month.

What was the highlight of May for you? Did you try anything new?

14 comments:

  1. Highlight of May for me was getting back to running and also starting coaching with CES. And my week long vacay. Good luck moving! I actually enjoy the process of going through everything and getting it sorted. I don't like unpacking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YAY for being back running and a long vacay. That is a good month. :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely need that donut hat lol.

    Great start to 50k training, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. His hats crack me up!

      Delete
  3. You still had a great month, even if you missed a few runs.
    I have to find this Chiliphilly on IG, that is funny.
    Good luck with the move, it is exhausting. My months are kind of all blurred together lately, I do have a glow run this month, only a 5K but hopefully fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The months are flying by, I totally agree. The Glow run sounds so fun! You always look so cute for it. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow. Triple digit mileage is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triple digits is so impressive! I'll need to add you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I love finding more people to connect with on IG!

      Delete
  6. Yuck to packing. I'm moving in the beginning of July and already dreading packing. Your May mileage was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, big old yuck, but we are mostly done now so I feel like I am returning to sanity.

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure what is worse - packing or unpacking. Trying to find places for all my stuff is more overwhelming than just jamming everything into boxes, I think. Great job on still fitting most of your miles in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I'm down to all the small stuff now too. Almost all the boxes are gone, so it's more the arranging/organizing now.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...