Thursday, July 30, 2015

Snakebite Training Recap Week #11

And it goes to 11.
Hey Canada, how you doing?
In a bit of sad news this week, another electronic device of mine died. When I got off the plane in Maine (yes, that rhymes) my phone would no longer work. In addition to being inconvenient when trying to reach people when traveling, it meant I couldn't take photos and I lost all the photos I had taken. So needless to say, I recreated some photos, but they look just like the originals. Promise. Just being honest that some of these images are staged.
I came across this instagram challenge this week, and it is the perfect challenge for me. Unfortunately I got in a few photos before the phone death, but I'll be ready for the next one.
Monday: A rare Monday run. Knowing I would miss a workout later in the week for travel/taper, I snuck in some Monday miles.
Planned: Rest  Actual: 5 miles (9:16/mile)
Kegs and Legs
Tuesday: Squeezed in a quick run as I prepared for my trip. I tried to keep the pace easy as I was skipping a rest day this week.
Planned: 6 miles   Actual: 4 miles (9:13/mile)
It looks lovely, but it's oh, so hot out there as we learned when we sat on the tarmac for 1.5 hours.
Wednesday: Got in 8 very sweaty miles before heading to the airport. For a little extra fun, I got stuck at a train that was 50+ cars long. I've never sweated so hard standing still.
Planned: 8 miles  Actual: 8 miles
On Wednesdays, we wear pink.
Thursday: Took a no running day, but explored the area by taking my parents dogs for a walk/hike. My parents live up in the lakes and mountains and it was so beautiful. Also, I was very excited to wear long sleeves again.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest
The dogs were so muddy. Should have cleaned them up before the pic.
Friday: Down East Sunrise Trail Relay day! I teamed back up with some members of my previous relay teams as well as a few other new friends to form two 4 person ultra teams for the race, Slow Motion to the Ocean and the Ugly Sweaters. We didn't win, but we had a great time and the course was stunning. More to follow because this is a race worth checking out.
Planned: Rest  Actual: 10.7 miles
The two teams still smiling at the start.
Saturday: Day 2 of the relay found me running around 4am (which is sunrise during a Maine summer) and the final leg. I am proud to report I felt pretty good during the entire thing, not something that has happened during previous relays.
Planned: 26 miles (for the entire relay)  Actual: 7.8 miles and 7.9 miles
Dipping our toes in the ocean post race. That is Canada in the distance on the right.
Sunday: My legs felt fine after the relay, but I was rather overtired from being up all night. I took a rest day mainly due to scheduling (I was visiting family for a good chunk of the day), so I got in more dog walking/hiking.
Planned: 4 miles   Actual: 2 miles Walking

Do you like to travel to races? Have you ever done a relay?

8 comments:

  1. The recreated pictures are freaking awesome lol.

    You're putting in Great work and dialing it back when you need to, very positive. Perfect example for those of us that are beginners :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! I've learned from some trial and error. Hoping others don't make all the mistakes I did.

      Delete
  2. Haha - I loved your recreated pictures! I've never done a relay, but I'd love to. My problem is finding people to do it with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the team for me. You are stuck in a car/van with these people for hours and inevitably you will get tired and cranky. You better like them.

      Delete
  3. I had the same thing--overtired from the experience but not from the running! And please include recreated pictures in every post from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will definitely be making additionally appearances. :)

      Delete
  4. OMG love your pictures! Sorry about your phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was sad, but it was for the best. I love having a new one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...