Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Versatile Blogger

I was nominated for the versatile blogger award by the always lovely Beth over at Running with the Sunrise.  If you haven't visited her blog, I highly recommend it. She is a running coach, yoga teacher, and barre instructor, so she has many words or wisdom for keeping an athlete well trained and well rounded. Many thank yous to Beth for the nomination!

About the award from Beth:
The Versatile Blogger Award is for those blogs that bring something special to your life.  In picking your nominees, you are to consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.

The Rules:
“Rules” are as follows: Answer the questions you have been given, nominate 10 (ish) other bloggers and give them their own set of questions to answer.
My responses to Beth:
  1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you? I took 4 years of Latin in school, so if you ever need to chat with a really old, dead roman, I'm your girl. Just kidding, all it's good for it reading University mottos and deciphering scientific terms.
  2. What’s your favorite workout currently? Yoga. I'm not very good at it, but I really do feel a difference in adding in a few sessions to my week. I haven't been to a class yet (probably an upcoming 'new' item), but I'm seeing improvements with just my living room attempts. It has also helped me identified strengths and weaknesses in my body.
  3. What’s something you hope will never come back in style? MC Hammer pants. They did nothing good for anyone.
  4. What is one place on your travel must-see bucket list? This is a hard one because I love to travel and have a very long 'to-see' list. If pushed for just one place, it would probably be the Galapagos Islands. I'm a huge science nerd and I would love to see the place where Darwin was inspired. Plus, it's a stunning location.
  5. What would you buy if someone gave you a $1000 gift card? I would get the Jayhawk a bike so we can ride together. Currently he borrows mine. Or maybe I would give him mine and get a new bike for myself. Either way, it would be a new bike.
  6. What’s your spirit animal? A Giraffe. They are tall, lanky, eat a lot of plants, stick their tongues out frequently, and like to run. That's me in a nutshell. 
  7. What would you sing at karaoke night? Hmm, singing is by far not my best talent, but the Jayhawk and I can pull off a mean Bohemian Rhapsody in the car Wayne's World style.
  8. What’s your favorite meal? Homemade macaroni and cheese makes me really happy, as do mashed potatoes. In terms of non-homemade foods, I could live off Mellow Mushroom Pizza and Moe's Burritos. It may or not be true that the staff at both establishments know us by name. And to be honest, during 50k training, everything is my favorite meal.
  9. What is your biggest pet peeve? Bad table manners.
  10. What clothing item/accessory/shoes do you have way too many of in your closet? Race T-shirts. It's almost obnoxious at this point, and I seriously worked on trimming down the flock as we moved. So many memories and so much sweat to earn them! Oh, and coming in second would be safety pins!
I nominate the following folks:
Rebecca @ My Eager Feet
And here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What is something people might be surprised to learn about you?
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3. What is your favorite place you have visited?
4. What is one place on your travel must-see bucket list?
5. What's your current go-to workout song?
6. What is your favorite distance to run?
7. What is your dream race/event?
8. What would you do with a $1000 gift card?
9. If you could go on a bicycle built for two ride with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
10. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack food? (Don't you dare list something healthy. I'm looking for inspiration after my next long run).

OK, your turn. Pick a question from either list above and answered it yourself!

16 comments:

  1. Salve! Gratias tibi ago!

    (I took four years of Latin too! I actually almost studied classics in college. Maybe that will be my answer to question #1!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda. Best. Answer. Ever. And what I as going to lead off with as well! #nerdsunite!

      Delete
    2. I am so excited to hear we have a band of nerds here. Love it!

      Delete
  2. Gracias tibi ago! I took 6 years of Latin. I am really good at parsing at out there languages and such, but I never learned to think in another language for fluency sake. What is weird is that I pick up and can pronounce French words far more easily than Italian (because I took a very brief amount of French in Jr before I took Latin). I was only going to take Latin for 2 years and then switch to Spanish, but I a) loved my class and teacher and b) had a crush on one of the guys in my class and c) could get AP points more quickly that way.
    Winning.
    And I'm just a poor boy nobody likes me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All solid reasons for learning an old language. I also took Spanish, but mainly because it sounded easy and we got to read People en Espanol in class.

      Delete
  3. I loved your answers and thanks for tagging me! I am slow, but I will post soon :)
    The giraffe cracked me up :)
    I had Hammer pants, wish I had pictures lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I was so slow in posting this. OMG, I wish you had pictures too! :)

      Delete
  4. This is going to be awesome. I'm starting to work,on this RIGHT NOW LOL!!!

    Bohemian Rapsody, now that is awesome. Can we get a blogger video of that duet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, maybe I need to start adding in videos.....

      Delete
  5. Thanks for nominating me! My extended family had an ugly sweater party two Christmases ago, and my aunt broke out her old stirrup pants. My cousin in high school was horrified that such a thing had ever existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! That is hilarious. I remember the oddity that was stir-up pants! Oh the 80s.

      Delete
  6. Buy a new bike and give Jayhawk yours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So tempting....now to just get a $1000 gift card.

      Delete
  7. So fun reading this! And I am so with you on Bohemian Rhapsody. I was supposed to sing it at a wedding (yes, karaoke at a wedding) with one of my BFFs from middle school, but turned out the bride and groom wanted to sing it. There ends my story about the time that I tried to sing Bohemian Rhapsody as karaoke. ;) Thanks for your kind words about my blog--you are too sweet! You have one heck of a blog yourself! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Beth! Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting it. I live in my own time zone lately.

      Delete
  8. Fun post - thanks for tagging me! I'll get to a post (hopefully) soon :) I love Mellow Mushroom. My college roommate also took high school and college Latin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...