Wednesday, November 25, 2015

26.2 with DONNA Training Week 6


Monday: Started off the week with an easy 5 miler (yes, I misread my plan). My exercise app was so excited about it, that it logged my run 12 times. Yep, 60 miles in one day, all at the same pace. I'm a beast.
Planned: 4 easy Actual: 5 miles (9:22/mile) because reading is hard


Tuesday: I woke up a little tight. Nothing really to worry about or related to running. More a combination of too much sitting (I've been confined to my desk as work due to a small flood. 14k gallons is small, right?). I feel strongly that speed work shouldn't be done if the body doesn't feel ready, and my tightness was just enough to make me worry about potential injury. I went with a ladder workout to up the pace for the same amount of distance. Honestly, it felt nice to finally push the pace once again.
Planned: 12x400  Actual: 3.5 miles (9:01/mile)


Wednesday: Wednesday rest days are still weird. Made the most of it by doing some Tgiving food shopping. We love to cook and eat, so this holiday is completely in our wheelhouse. The fact that we only have 3 mouths to feed is completely irrelevant. Leftovers for all!
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest


Thursday: This was the first real check-in of the training cycle. 5 miles at race pace to really tell me if this pace was a legitimate race goal. I won't lie, after 4 weeks of easy running, I was a little worried about how well I could hit it. While I completely understand the idea behind the easy buildup, it doesn't do much for the confidence. The good news is that I hit the pace and felt good throughout the workout. A great confidence boost to get me excited for training.
Planned: 5 miles Tempo  Actual: 6 miles (5 miles at 8:34/mile)
Friday: In some ways, I miss my Friday rest day. Leaving work and being done for day was nice, but that said, the gym is so quiet on Fridays that it is slowly becoming my favorite thing. Like instead of lip-syncing, I could sing out loud along with my iPod and no one would care (or at least being close enough to be bothered). I have yet to torture my fellow gym goers in that way, but it's coming. Oh yes, it's coming.
Planned: Easy 4  Actual: 4 miles (9:23/mile)
Love. I had King of Pops at work (because it's totally professional to slurp on popsicles while talking to colleagues) this week and they were still totally on the brain.
Saturday: First solo easy run outside (I'd squeezed in group runs up to this point). I tried my hardest throughout the run to stick to the easy pace. I didn't completely succeed, but I am pretty happy with the effort. I toured several classic Atlanta neighborhoods and it was a great way to keep me entertained.
Planned: Easy 8   Actual: 8 miles
Oh, King of Pops, how I love thee. Inman, you are pretty solid too.
Sunday: I was tired, the Jayhawk got in a car accident (everyone is fine, thank heavens!), and I didn't get a run in. We went out for ice cream instead. It happens.
Planned: Easy 8  Actual: Rest
Ice cream related artwork. Swoon.
How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. I am glad Jay is okay!
    Great week EB :) I know it feels great to be hitting those speedy paces again:)
    I wish my gym would thin out...it seems to be packed no matter what time i go now.
    Have a good Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too. It was a relief that no one was hurt!

      Delete
  2. Oh no - sorry about the car accident! I'm sure it was really stressful, even if everyone's okay. Growing up my Thanksgiving was always three people, so we had leftovers for days - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. We only have 3 at our thanksgiving so it makes leftovers plentiful!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...