Monday, November 9, 2015

Training Recap: Back in the swing of things

I'm back! After 26 nights of travel in a little over a month, I have returned to the ATL and hopefully regular life. Major props to everyone that does it on a regular basis!  Time to get back to training!


Monday: Ug. Mondays.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest

Tuesday: I'm really trying hard to stick to the prescribed paces on my training plan (get ready for a complete failure of that as you scroll down this post). It does feel a little odd to have so many easy miles. The plan (more about it soon), brings you into training with a few weeks of easy before introducing speed and tempo workouts. I'm trusting in the plan. I'm trusting in the plan.
Planned: 4 miles easy pace  Actual: 3 miles (9:19/mile)

Wednesday: Another new item with the new plan is a midweek rest day. I've been running the same days for several years now, so it's a little odd to have the day off in the middle of the week.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest

Thursday: Headed over Big Peach Midtown to drop off some 26.2 with DONNA materials, join in on their costume run, and see this fun pirate. I was a little bummed to find that the number of costumes were limited, but the run was fun. A little faster than I had planned for an easy day, but it's typically a fast group.
Planned: 4 miles easy pace  Actual: 4.18 miles (8:40/mile)

Friday: Took the day off as a mini taper for Sunday. Having done no real prep for the race, I figured it was best to give myself a fighting chance by at least being a little rested.
Planned: 4 miles easy  Actual: Rest

Saturday: More travel. I swear, this is the last time for the month.  I guess that make sense because it is the last day of the month, but either way, I look forward to the end of my National Tour (or at least that is what I'm calling it) and spending some time in the ATL. The Monster has been quite unhappy with my absence.
Planned: 4 miles easy  Actual: Rest

Sunday: Once again I found myself out of town, but this time I was able to squeeze in a race! Knowing that I would need to get in a long run, I signed up for a half marathon on Tuesday. What better way to jump start marathon training? I love checking out new places on foot and race courses tend to show off towns. Full recap to come!
Planned: 5 miles easy   Actual: 13.1 miles (8:46/mile)

And if you need a chuckle...
A few months ago, I got the chance to write for the site I Love To Run (you know, the eBIBs folks), and as a thank you they created personalized avatars for us in the style of their eBIBs. I sent in a photo of me running and then they needed a clearer picture of my face, so I sent in this one.

I got an email with my avatar this week and low and behold, look who else got one.


Yep, the Monster has been immortalized.

How was your week? What news do you have to share?

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha I'm so glad that you love your avatar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a really good 13.1 miles :)
    Your avatar is awesome, how great it is with Mia! I know she missed you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always seems to be involved. The Jayhawk couldn't stop laughing.

      Delete
  3. Wow - that is a lot of travel! Even if I just drive somewhere for the weekend, I feel beat. Are you doing Hansons - I remember the weird Wednesday rest day well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy. I don't know how people do it on a regular basis. Yes! It took a little getting used to, but I like it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh I can't even imagine traveling that much in such a short period of time! Your avatar is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lot of travel.. glad you got to run a race though.. Running is a great way to see new places, and if it's a race at least you know you can't get lost lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I love seeing new places on foot. It gives you a totally different view.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...