Wednesday, December 30, 2015

26.2 with DONNA Training Week 11


Monday: I ran down to Lullwater park for a change of scenery. I felt like I was running an ok pace, but my garmin kept reading slower (Maybe from all the trees and tiny turns?), so I may have pushed a little more than intended to accommodate (yes, I should know better).
Planned: Easy 5  Actual: 5.2 miles
Tuesday: Woke up with some soreness and decided to take the day off. I don't think Monday was as easy as intended, so I mixed up the schedule a bit to accommodate it.
Planned: 6x1 mile  Actual: Rest
Wednesday: My soreness was better, but there is still one specific spot in my right quad that I need to keep an eye on. For the most part, it's fine when running, but it's very noticeable when going down stairs.
Planned: Rest  Actual: 6 easy (9:16/mile)
Thursday: Managed to make it to the gym before they closed and avoid the absolute monsoon outside. Atlanta got around 7 inches of rain in 48hours. I was very happy to be watching the puddles from indoors on the treadmill. Run went well and I am beginning to feel more confident about my pace.
Planned: 8 Tempo  Actual: 10 miles (8 @ 8:34/mile)
Queen of the Naughty list waiting for Santa Paws.
Friday: You know it's an odd year when you go for a run on Christmas day in shorts and a tank top. It was in the 70s and incredible humid from all the rain Georgia's been getting, so I was very sweaty for such an easy run.
Planned: Easy 5  Actual: 5 easy (9:24/mile)
Even the chickens in our neighborhood had stockings.
Saturday: Joined the Jayhawk on his long run. It was still humid and hot, but there were hints of sunshine which is a nice change from the amazing amounts of rain we've been having.
Planned: Easy 8  Actual: 8 easy (9:48/mile)
Sunday: This was not a great run from the start. I never felt like I had bounce in my legs, it was 70+, and humid. I just couldn't get in the grove and I sweated my butt off. I was pretty happy when it was over. Long runs can't all be amazing during a training cycle, and this one sure wasn't, but I am still happy I did it and happy to see my pace was in range of my long run target on a tough day.
Planned: Long 16  Actual: 15.1 miles (9:18/mile)
When I ran by the first time, the artist was putting the finishing touches on this one.

How was your week? Are you having unseasonable weather too?

9 comments:

  1. You are so good about being smart with your training. Hope that quad twinge doesn't become an issue! Thinking about all of that rain makes me cringe to think what the Connector must have been like. Ugh. Hope you're having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! It is much better with a little rest. The connector has been unbelievable!

      Delete
  2. I think I'll try to run in the half marathon at some point. My wife is on call that weekend so it won't be this upcoming race. What has the temperature been like the years you've run in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run DONNA next year! It will be the 10th anniversary, so you know it will be extra fun. Both years the temps have been great. Somewhere in the 40s at the start and sunny.

      Delete
  3. You know I love how much you are listening to your body right now. Wish my body would listen to me the way I try to listen to it. BUT NO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suz. Don't get yourself down. That body gave you some awesome races last year. Maybe it just wants to enjoy a few margarita nights without having to sweat for it.

      Delete
  4. You are always so good about training and staying healthy. I am impressed you had such a good pace for your long run, it was very hot and humid here and I didn't fare as well, but I got over it quickly :) Honestly, I've only had a few runs I even needed gloves for here, it has been strange winter.
    I love the Grinch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! How quickly I have lost my heat tolerance. Those hot and humid days were hard, but it's back to the gloves down here again too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...