Tuesday, December 15, 2015

26.2 with DONNA Training Week 9

Monday: I'm starting to like the easy start to the week.
Planned: Easy 5  Actual: 5 miles (9:24/mile)
Tuesday: After having some foot soreness after my last speed session, I decided to slow down the pace a bit to see if that helped. The workout went well and I had no foot soreness afterward, but it definitely wasn't as challenging as a speed workout should be. Hopefully I can gradually increase the speed without trouble.
Planned: 5x1k  Actual: 5.5 miles (5x1k @8:00/mile)
Wednesday: Spent the rest day finishing up my Treats for Tatas baking. If you missed out on this round, there will be a second round coming soon. I usually mix up what I bake for each, but am always open to requests. Just drop me a note.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest

Double chocolate, coconut lime shortbread, chocolate covered pretzels,
and lemon-poppy biscotti (Clockwise from top left).
Thursday: Time to workout was a bit of an issue today, but I did increase the length of my tempo workout and added in two miles ahead of pace a bit, so I still consider it a successful workout.
Planned: 8 Tempo  Actual: 7.5 miles (4 miles @8:34, 2 miles @8:27)
Friday: I skipped my Friday run because I knew I had a busy weekend of running ahead of me, including two days of working the 26.2 with DONNA booth at the Galloway 13.1 EXPO. It was a lot of fun to hear folks stories about why they run, how much they enjoy 26.2 with DONNA, and it's always fun to giveaway a bib. It was also a lot of time on my feet, so it wasn't a complete rest day.
Planned: Easy 6  Actual: Rest and some hardcore expo'ing

Saturday: Headed over to the Monday Night Brewing 10 miler with the Jayhawk. After realizing how ridiculously hilly the course was, we vowed to run the 10k next year and get to the beer a little faster. Luckily, since the race finished at the brewery, no one had to worry about the kegs running dry. Initially I planned to make it at long run pace, but once I got into it, it turned into my first long tempo run of the training cycle! It was a nice surprise when I check my garmin at the finish. Full recap coming (and I'm not just saying that). After a recovery beer, I headed back to the Expo for more fun.
Planned: Easy 5  Actual: 10 miles (8:30/mile)

Sunday: Met up with Marcia, the lovely social media butterfly for 26.2 with DONNA and we decided to run along the Galloway 13.1 race course and cheer. We ran the opposite direction of the runners for different chunks of the course (with one small section where we had to run the same direction) and then headed down to the finish to cheer people in. It was the most fun shake out run ever and there is nothing quite like watching people finish a big race. So many smiles!
Planned: Long 15  Actual: 9 miles (11:00/mile)
How was your week? Do you like spectating?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! Awesome pace at the 10 miler, especially for a hilly course. Ok, so what's treats for tatas? I love spectating races, you're right about so many smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Treats for Tatas is the online bake sale I do to raise money for 26.2 with DONNA. I send homemade baked goods as a thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great week :) Fast running, race w/JH, volunteering, race support...you did it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Such a busy week. I need a nap. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun! Can I say that spectating is a sport in and of itself? It can be so mentally and physically exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Trying to track people and navigate the course without getting the way? So exhausting. I need a nap.

      Delete
  4. It was a nice surprise to see you two on the Galloway course, which for me was around mile 5 and mile 11!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frank! You were looking great out there! Congrats on your new PR. Well done!

      Delete
  5. There was a 5K race in the park where I run last week that started when I was done running. It was fun to see the runners while I walked my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great week! Look at you staying so fit and fabulous during this crazy time of year! Well done! :) SO motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. man! I did the same thing you did during the race (i actually ran to the water stop wondering if you were there). and, i've never done the west side race at the brewery for that very reason (the hills)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...