Thursday, February 4, 2016

January Recap


I know I've been a bit absent during the month of January, but that doesn't mean the running stopped. In fact, I had a pretty solid month of marathon prep and managed to squeeze in most of my planned runs around my expanded work schedule (because who doesn't want start the year by working overtime).  That is not a complaint, just the reality of what's been up.



Miles: 164.3
Not all of those 164 miles were this pretty, but I sure enjoyed them when they were.


Races: None, but it still was a great month over all.
Most of my miles actually looked like this. Make it work!


Highpoint of the month: I trained hard this month and really started to see the results in my running. Some the strength and tempo workouts I completed this month would not have been possible (or at least not nearly as enjoyable) a few months ago. My training plan has been intense: I've been tired, I've been hungry, but I've also really enjoyed the challenge and have seen the impact. We also had a tiny bit of snow and it was really fun to have winter for a full 36 hours.


Not so highpoint of the month: I missed a few workouts. I tried to limit it to easy runs by shifting around workouts, but during a busy work week last week, I missed a tempo run. But if that's the low point, I'm really ok with it.


What I'm looking forward to in February: Um, it's race month! I can't tell you how excited I am for race weekend. Our team gets along so well it's become almost like a family reunion each year. On top of that, the Jayhawk will be running his second half marathon while we are there, and I've got a few other surprises. I can't wait. *Must focus on work for 1 more week*
How did your year start off? What was the highlight of your January?

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your training has been going well. I know you've been baking up a storm! Best of luck to you with meeting your fundraising goal, tapering, and all of that fun stuff. :) The highlight of my January was getting to spend more time with my hubby. The holidays were pretty crazy, so it was nice to let things calm down a bit. Oh, and finding a place to move to when our lease is up at the end of this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! Congrats on finding a new place to live. That can be so stressful! :)

      Delete
  2. YAY for Run with Donna being soon! And that homemade twix basically had me dying. I so respect you for fundraising--that ish is TOUGH. I might do it some time if I don't get to run Boston next year--I don't think RACING marathons is the best idea for me. Things tend to get hurt after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! It's hard, but fun work. :)

      Delete
  3. That's awesome you fit in your training with work! Sometimes even just light training with a normal work week can feel like a lot. Best of luck at your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not going to lie, it's been rough. There have been a few very tired runs. Thanks Rebecca!

      Delete
  4. That is a great mileage month :) Fabulous start to the year! I hope you have an awesome race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I've been busy at work and didn't realize how the miles were piling up. Thank you! I am pretty excited! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...