Friday, April 1, 2016

March Recap

Miles: 54.9 miles
Races: Two, both recapped the same week I ran them. I spoil you.
Chattahoochee Road Race 5k


Publix Georgia Half Marathon

Highpoint of the Month: Umm. I really enjoyed both races I ran this month for very different reasons. I loved seeing the Jayhawk's face as he saw the clock during the Chattahoochee Road Race and realize he killed it and I also really enjoyed the Publix Half this year. The weather was on point (we earned it after the last few years) and the city looked awesome. It was cool and sunny, everything was in bloom, and, oh yeah, I shocked my own socks off and PR'd it.
Not so High point: Between 26.2 with DONNA and Publix GA Half, I felt like I was in recovery for most of the month. On top of that, I wasn't following any specific training program and that always makes me feel off. I'm excited to change these things in April.
What's up next month: A return to official training. In the first half of the month I have the Incredible Virtual Run with Level Up Runs to kick start me back into training, a little travel throughout the month, and a return to focused training.


Lion or Lamb: How was your March? I felt like mine was a lamb the entire month.

4 comments:

  1. Mine was pretty lamb too. I ran a marathon but wasn't pushing myself to meet a goal or anything. Sounds like a great March for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a great March! Hope you April is going well!

      Delete
  2. Seeing Jayhawk PR is fun, I know you were excited for him :)
    I am hoping I can get back to regualr training one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are making progress! Happy to hear you are logging some miles.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...