Thursday, April 14, 2016

Training Recap: 4/4-4/10

Monday: A sunny run with the Jayhawk to start the week. We took the week off (woot Spring Break) and headed down to South Carolina for some fresh air (and to help family with some home improvement projects). There's nothing like a sunset along the ocean.
Actual: 3.1 miles
Tuesday: Ran 5k with my favorite Monster. Mia completed the Incredible Virtual Run from Level Up Runs (there is still time to join! Registration closes 4/17). She did an excellent job though her pacing strategy could use a little work. Full recap of her experience coming!
Actual: 3.1 miles
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line. Shared from Instagram
Wednesday: Got in 3 while the Jayhawk joined me on the bike. I felt sluggish on the run and later in the day developed a fever and cold. Boo.
Actual: 3 miles
Oh look, a cloud!
Thursday: Decided to bike with the Jayhawk since my cold was taking a stronghold. We saw so many birds! In one pond alone we saw two types of herons, two types of egrets, wood storks, and cormorants. It was fun, but I rather have been running.
Actual: 6 miles biking
Friday: Last day of vacation and unfortunately, I was sick. My cold escalated and that meant no running, but we were treated to a lovely sunset.
Actual: Wrapping up lots of home improvement projects! It surely felt like a workout.


Saturday: Nothing exciting to report, but if you are in the market for new running shoes check out this site: https://shoekicker.com/. It will find the cheapest site on the web to purchase your favorite shoe. Just put in your shoe model, size, and gender and presto!
Actual: Rest
Sunday: Still suffering from severe congestion, but I got outside for a bit to get in a little gardening (crossing training).
Actual: Planted the herb garden.
How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Come and plant my herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool web site, I like discount stuff!
    Booo, sick to on vacation, but it sure looked pretty. At least you had some fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about your cold - Michael and some of my coworkers were sick, I'm glad I avoided it somehow. Great website tip...the older model of my shoes are available for $62! I will definitely pick a pair up now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...