Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Silver Comet Half Training Week #1

Ok, so technically my training program starts on Wednesday, but this is still considered week one. Hansons' recommends continuing with your normal volume until the plan catches up with you meaning that my 'planned' and 'actual' probably won't match up well for a week or two. I've picked out a local fall half marathon to give me something to focus on. Since I haven't trained specifically for the half marathon in a while, I'm eager to see what comes of it.
Monday: Had some things to do after work, but managed to fit in some yoga time at home. I am beginning to feel changes in how well I can do the poses and some strengthening.
Actual: Yoga
Tuesday: Keeping it light for the first few weeks of training. Just trying to get back in the rhythm of 6 running days a week.
Actual: 3.5 miles
Wednesday: I always find it odd how the Hansons' programs start with a rest day, but it does feel pretty good to crush the first day of training.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest

Thursday: On the treadmill.
Planned: Easy 3   Actual: 3.1 miles (9:15/mile)
Friday: Switched it up in order to have the rest day closer to the back to back 10ks I was running Sunday and Monday. Fairly uneventful run and a great way to start the holiday weekend.
Planned: Rest  Actual: 4 miles (9:15/mile)
On Saturday we carbo loaded at Wild Heaven Brewery, which is not too far from us.
I even met a fellow Road Rager carbing up for Sunday.

Saturday: Headed down for the Peachtree Road Race expo and it was a zoo as usual. I did have a chance to swing by the #WeRunSocial meet up and catch up with a lot of folks.
Planned: Easy 3   Actual: Rest

Sunday: Peachtree Road Rage! Same course as the big race on the 4th but with 1/1000th the participants and the streets are open. I'll post a full recap, but I really have fun at this race!
Planned: Easy 4  Actual: 6.2 miles (8:03/mile)

How was your week? 

4 comments:

  1. You rocked the Road Rage!
    That is funny you start with rest lol
    Yoga is some tough stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Yoga is tough! I didn't realize how much it can really work your muscles!

      Delete
  2. I forgot that you ran the night before Peach Tree too. How cool?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two races are a completely different view of the course. Fun dichotomy.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...