Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Silver Comet Half Training Week #2



Monday: Peachtree Road Race! We took a totally different approach to the race this year due to the Jayhawk's ankle woes, and it was one of the more amusing trips down Peachtree I've had. Full recap of PTRR #7 to come!
Planned: Rest  Actual: 6.2 miles plus a bonus 2 mile walk to the car

Tuesday: My ankles felt a little sore from Sunday's Rage down Peachtree. Given that the course is open to traffic (i.e. we run on the sidewalks), there were several moments of bombing across intersections in order to make the light in time (obviously with runner safety always in mind). No injuries to report, but a day of rest and some runs with even footing will fix it right up.
Planned: Easy 2  Actual: 3.1 miles (9:15/mile)
Gratuitous Monster celebrating the 4th photo.

Wednesday: Uh, as seen in our yard while grilling out. First we had the hawk incident a few weeks ago, and now we have copulating flies. It's the wild animal kingdom out in our yard.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Rest

Thursday: Kept it on the treadmill because I still felt a little tweaky in the ankles.
Planned: Easy 3   Actual: 3.1 miles (9:15/mile)
Friday: I ran after work in the heat. I know, I know. But trust me, I took slow, carried water and was more than willing to let myself catch a quick break in the shade if needed. It had been a long week, both in life and with everything that is happening in our country, and really wanted to get in a run. It's my thinking time and some of the only minutes I get to myself.
Planned: Easy 3  Actual: 3.65 miles (9:35/mile)

Saturday: Pretty much the same route as Friday, but with a heat index about 15 degrees lower. It's amazing how much more manageable that makes it. Treated myself to a couple hours of yard work afterwards.
Planned: Easy 3  Actual: 3.75 miles (9:13/mile)
Sunday: It was a little overcast and it made the heat so much less oppressive. The humidity was still high leading to heavy sweating, but it felt a lot more comfortable than the previous two days. Starting to get back in the swing of things and incorporate more hills.
Planned: Easy 4  Actual: 5 miles (9:11/mile)

How was your week? Did you do anything special for the 4th of July?

6 comments:

  1. One day I will run Peachtree. It is on my bucket list. I've never been in Atlanta (as a runner) for the 4th! And then if we are in ATL, we are usually at the lake. But one day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a whole different way to see the city.

      Delete
  2. Nice week EB :)
    Capturing fly reproduction - priceless LOL
    Amused for a race is always a bonus, glad the fun factor was there. I hope Jayhawk feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Karen!

      I couldn't stop laughing when I found them.

      Delete
  3. A couple months ago when I was hiking, we stopped to admire a butterfly, when suddenly two took off and we realized what they had been up to! A young boy with us couldn't figure out what was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I know these things happen in nature, but it's still so funny to come across it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...