Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Silver Comet Half Training Week #10

Monday: Didn't feel too boring today. Had lots of things to think about and the time passed fairly quickly.
Planned: Easy 6 miles  Actual: 6 miles (9:14/mile)
Tuesday: Did I mention that I like the longer speed repeats? This was technically the last speed workout as next week it shifts to strength workouts (repeats all 1 mile or more with total at pace distance around 6 miles). I've enjoyed speed work this round and am happy to report that I seem to have come out of it uninjured. I definitely took a conservative approach to pace, but my goal was to complete all the workouts as in the past I've stopped speed work due to hitches and tightness. It was confidence building and I am ready to be a little more aggressive next time.
Planned: 4x1200   Actual: 5.75 miles (4x1200 @7:53/mile)
Wednesday: And rest I did.
Planned: Rest   Actual: Rest
Thursday: Ah, tempo day. The pace felt a lot more comfortable this week which can only mean that next week this workout probably gets changed up. I enjoy that aspect of this plan. Every time I get comfortable or use to a part of it, it changes it up to keep it interesting. Great for my workout ADD.
Planned: 4 miles Tempo   Actual: 6 miles (4 @8:13/mile)


Friday: Finally.
Planned: Easy 5 miles   Actual: 5 miles (9:14/mile)

Saturday: Switch up Saturday and Sunday workouts so the Jayhawk and I could have our long efforts on the same day. To be honest, I knew this one was going to be a struggle from the start. I was feeling sluggish having run Friday's run about 14 hours early and it was a day where I never really hit my stride. On top of that, I took a funny step at one point where the sidewalk was uneven (my toes landed on a square significantly higher than the rest of my foot) leading to noticeable discomfort in my ankle and Achilles. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but it was causing tightness by the next day. The Jayhawk and I enjoyed an afternoon at Creature Comforts Brewery and there was almost a hint of fall in the air.
Planned: Easy 5 miles   Actual: 10 miles (9:24/mile)
Sunday: Woke to find tightness all up my left side (foot, calf, and hamstring). Decided one day off wouldn't kill me. Got in a bit of yard work for exercise.
Planned: 12 miles Long run  Actual: Rest


How was your week? Did you do anything fun for the long weekend?

4 comments:

  1. That was a good call to take the day if you were feeling tight, you had already got 10 miles done ;)
    Your speed work is going great, you are ready for the bump up in pace it sounds like. I am struggling feeling so sore after I do any speed, I need to get used to it again.
    I went bowling yesterday :) I can't throw a ball straight but i have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bowling! I'm not very good at it, but it's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  2. Hope your left side is feeling better by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! Rest is always helpful!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...