Thursday, December 15, 2016

26.2 with DONNA Training: 10 Week to go

Monday: Just as planned.
Planned: Easy 5 miles  Actual: 5 miles (9:14/mile)
Tuesday: Since I don't feel totally ready to reintroduce speed work, I decided to add in spin class. Being as it was only my second class and I'm still figuring out the levels thing, I got in a few running miles beforehand to ensure I got a good workout. My friend Sean was nice enough to join me for spin (mainly because I whined a lot that I'd never been to the class at the work gym and I wanted a buddy) and he made it even better by showing up in his "Check your rack shirt" (I love seeing them in person!). I got in a great sweat at spin and liked this class more than the first one I went to. Oh, I also went to CPR certification and that had to count for at least several hundred push-ups.
Planned: 5x1k  Actual: 3.25 miles (9:14/mile) and 45 min Spin Class (21 miles)


Wednesday: Decided to try out a nice yoga video to help recover from my double workouts only to find out that I picked out one that was almost entirely core work. Not exactly the relaxing stretch I hoped for, but useful none the less.
Planned: Rest  Actual: Yoga


Thursday: Ended up with just stretching and resting. I didn't plan to take so many days off prior to the half, but it probably didn't hurt.
Planned: Tempo 8 miles  Actual:
Friday: Travel day to South Carolina for a half marathon.
Planned: Easy 6 miles  Actual: Rest
Saturday: I signed up for this race many months ago with hopes that it could be a check-in during a marathon cycle. It still was, just with a different level of fitness than I hoped at this point. Full Recap to come.
Planned: Easy 5 miles  Actual: 13.1 miles (8:45/mile)


Sunday: Got in a walk down to the river and it was so beautiful. The low country is really growing on me.
Planned: Long 15 miles  Actual: Walk and long car ride (which is it's own form of yoga, right?)


How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. SC looks so lovely, and it looks like you had a great race!
    21 miles in spin class is great :)
    I always love to walk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...